Want to read a WhatsApp message without being seen? It’s true, sometimes you don’t want to respond immediately to a message. Especially when it’s a friend you don’t want to talk to.
The problem is that this app is a real snitch! It displays 2 small blue checkmarks as soon as a message has been read. Fortunately, there is a trick to prevent your friends, family, or even your boss from seeing that their message has been opened.
It’s very simple and super-fast. Just follow this tip to the letter. Watch the tutorial to switch to spy in incognito mode:
How to read a WhatsApp message without opening it
- Do not open the WhatsApp message you received.
- Instead, enable “Airplane mode” on your Android phone or iPhone:
- Once airplane mode is on, open WhatsApp to read your new message.
- After reading your message, especially leave the “airplane mode” activated.
- Exit WhatsApp and close it completely by swiping it up.
- You can now disable airplane mode in settings.
Caution! As soon as you reopen WhatsApp, the person receives a confirmation that you have read it.
Result: you have read the new message without being seen!
There you go, now you know how to read a WhatsApp SMS without the sender knowing 🙂 Easy, fast and effective, right? By being in airplane mode on WhatsApp, no one sees that you are online. It’s like you were disconnected.
You can also use it for a group message. It works as well on mobile or computer (PC or Mac) by disabling Wifi. This is certainly the easiest method to read a message.
Only concern: you cannot reopen WhatsApp. Otherwise, the person who sent you the message sees that you have read it. But wait, it’s not over! There are 3 others that also work so you don’t get fried.
By reading WhatsApp notifications
- Once the notification is received, tap and hold the message.
- By doing this, the message expands so you can read more of the message.
- If the message is too long, you cannot read the entire message. And photos and videos are not accessible with this trick.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down to click Notifications and enable Show notifications and Show preview.
- Exit the application. You can now see messages in your notifications by swiping down on the screen.
By disabling read confirmation
- Open WhatsApp.
- Click on the “Settings” tab, bottom right.
- Select “Account”.
- Then “Privacy”.
- Scroll down the screen.
- Uncheck the “Read receipts” option
The 2 acknowledgment checkmarks will remain gray as long as read receipt remains disabled.
Important: if you deactivate read receipts, you will also no longer be able to see those of your contacts. Clearly, you will no longer be able to see whether your sent messages have been read or not.
By disabling the Online presence option
As with acknowledgments, it works both ways. If you activate this option, you will no longer be able to know whether your messages have been read or not.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap “Account”.
- Then in “Privacy”.
- Finally, click on “Person” in “Online presence”.
If you still have any queries or having trouble using these methods to read WhatsApp messages without being seen then let us know in the comment section down below.